Past Featured Inventory

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Past Featured Inventory

I suppose Bob has been busy, the folders on the Featured Inventory today are astounding. Generally I try to save a pic of almost all of the knives that show up on the Featured Inventory just for my own kind of library of Bob's work. I've been to numerous other sites and always love getting to see some of his past work as well.

Since the knives on Featured Inventory are only posted for about a week, I thought I'd at least post those same pics on here, I think they should be posted somewhere they can be viewed after they're taken off. So if it is alright with the Dozier crew and the moderators here, I just wanted to post the pics of what's up on the Featured currently, and wanted to update it each week, along with posting previous Featured Inventories. They're amazing knives, and since so many are bought so quickly, there's seldom other chance to see them after they're gone, unless whoever got them puts pics up here.

*2-7-11: As of the massive loss because of Photobucket's Foul Up, I can only repost these that I can, randomly and without dates, my apologies. -DZ*

BTW I certainly hope this isn't against any forum rule, because I would love for everybody to get to look back at these past knives Bob & Daniel have put out on the Featured Inventory, but if it does break any forum rules, let me know and I'll delete it immediately.
    Beware the fury of a patient man...

11-9-09:

11-2-09:

9-28-09:

9-21-09:

9-8-09:

Comment

DZ,
      Your post is very thoughtful and a great reference source. The very first knife in the picture line up will be on the way to my house as soon as my check arrives at the shop. I went to the site earlier today only to reference the current model pictures to determine a blade configuration on a specific model when I noticed the change in date on the featured inventory. Once I clicked on the link and saw what was there my jaw dropped. I thought Monday's inventory selection was unusually light. My wallet is now lighter but I am smiling.
      I have found most of life's certainties to only be a very definite, possible maybe. Except the need to own a good knife. A Universal truth like this is hard to find.

Comment

Outstanding! I'm so happy for you, that is a wonderful knife, I'm glad you picked it up, I'd definitely be smiling as well. Although I will be as well when I pick up that green maple burl Trapper and a green micarta folding hunter tomorrow

Comment

I really like the san mai blade on the first folder. Devin Thomas made that with our D2 for the core and his stainless damascus for sides. Also the spacer is a close match to the green in the ivory.

Dan

Comment

This is a great idea and much appreciated!

If not for your photos I would have totally missed these latest additions to the Featured Inventory as I only checked it out on Monday.

This "album" of photos is a great reference source.
            Almost like a "catalog of ideas" for possible future orders.

Enjoyable, yet "threatening" to the wallet........ :twisted:

Comment

I own the sweetwater w/ black micarta. On the surface, this is a very generic knife. In real life, this is absolutely my favorite blade. It sings to me and feels frickin' awesome in the hand.
              Adopting just one Greyhound won't change the world, but the world will surely change
              for that one Greyhound.

Comment

Orange DK 3

Well, I did it. I got the Orange DK3 (from the new inventory) and all I can say is WOW. Just when I think I've found my favorite blade design, Bob goes and creates another one that's even better. This blade is a dagger design that is well balanced and very LARGE. Fits into the hand nicely and operates flawlessly. If you're looking for a large dagger tactical knife, look no further. This is it! My only question is how long can I go with the bright orange scales...

Comment

I own quite a few of the orange G10 and when I initially picked up my first ones, was a couple of years ago from Vintage Knives and is a pair, a Delta Traveler and Arkansas Traveler. I was very hesitant initially but they grew on me really quick and though I have many types and styles of handles think that orange has some great advantages. The G10 is tough as nails and you can easily spot the knife if you put it down and can't remember where you placed it. Enjoy! I called shortly after you did otherwise it would have been mine.
                  I have found most of life's certainties to only be a very definite, possible maybe. Except the need to own a good knife. A Universal truth like this is hard to find.

Comment

4-5-10:

DK-FH Folding Hunter
                    Blade Length - 3"
                    Handle Length - 4"
                    Handle Material - Stag, Anodized Blue Spacer
                    Thickness - .100"
                    Steel - D2

DK-FH Folding Hunter
                    Blade Length - 3"
                    Handle Length - 4"
                    Handle Material - Natural Canvas Micarta, Anodized Blue Liners and Spacer
                    Thickness - .100"
                    Steel - D2

K-20 Canoe
                    Blade Length - 2 7/8"
                    Handle Length - 4"
                    Handle Material - Dyed Stabilized Cow Bone
                    Thickness - .125"
                    Steel - D2
                    Sheath - RH Horizontal

K-36 Bushcraft
                    Blade Length - 3 7/8"
                    Handle Length - 4 1/2"
                    Handle Material - Natural Canvas Micarta
                    Thickness - .125"
                    Steel - D2
                    Sheath - RH Horizontal

KS-9 Camp Knife
                    Blade Length - 6 1/4"
                    Handle Length - 5 1/2"
                    Thickness - .200"
                    Steel - A2 Flat Ground

Comment

Great idea Deltazwei and it's great to see more detailed photos, of the knives. That Parking Lot knife is pure sweetness. I might have to try and score one of those in the future. Keep up the good work DZ!

Comment

Anyone recall what the handle material is on that little Wharncliffe shown under the date 9-28-09? :?

Comment

Walnut I think.

Comment

That's dyed camel bone. It's pretty nice to work and comes in several colors. This piece was a sample and I forgot all about it. Thanks for jogging my memory.

Dan

Comment

Thanks Dan!
                              It looks like interesting stuff.
                              I understand camel bone is a popular handle material with a lot of makers. I've never examined any in person but it looks smooth and with an attractive pattern to it. A choice of colors would be fun too.

Have to "research" it a bit more for a possible future order. 8)

Comment

Working...
                              X