AG Russell Slim Outdoorsman

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AG Russell Slim Outdoorsman

I recently purchased a Dozier Slim Outdoorsman from the AG Russell site. It has a rucarta handle which I have read is basically the same as the micarta handle listed on the dozier site. It does not include the small divot on the handle as seen on the dozier site. Other than that will there be any differences from a knife ordered directly from the dozier site. Please excuse me if this is a stupid question, but I am a new custom knife purchaser. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

MJ,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the purchase of your first Dozier knife.

With the exception of some very subtle differences the knives you purchase from Mr. Russell are the same that you would purchase directly from the Dozier shop. The difference for those from A.G may be the lack of a lanyard tube or the placement of the Dozier logo on the knife (these variations are less common lately) but the materials, fit and finish are all 100% Dozier quality.

In fact, some of the special runs produced exclusively for AG Russell provide some real incentive to keep an eye on what he has available. The olive wood handled Kings River Skinner is a fantastic knife and is only available from Mr. Russell unless you want to wait (three years?) for a similar model ordered directly from the shop.

Congratulations again on the purchase. If you have the chance, post some pictures. We’re always happy to see new toys on the forum.

Z
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt, May 13, 1903

Comment

Thanks for the info. I am very excited about the purchase and will post a picture as soon as the knife arrives.

Comment

Working...
      X